31/05/2011

Bass drum of Death

 Bass Drum Of Death( john and Colin) signed to Fat Possum Records and having just released their album Gb City in April. The very talented duo from Oxford, Mississippi are led by John Barrett who, it is reported was “Fat Possum’s worst employee three years ago”. Well thank god for that is all I can say, he has found his place and its making records.
Their music takes me back to the 90s grunge era with a dash of Sonic youth and that all important garage filling!

I have been listening to the album on loop and still cant believe that it was recorded on a lap top with minimal post prod. I think the Paris scene will embrace this pair lets just hope that it will be soon than later as I'm hoping they will perform here soon.







Blogger


Fat Possum Records

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire