27/04/2011

Sésame - Restaurant and Takeaway



"Un joli petit restaurant aux accents new-yorkais posé sur le canal St Martin". This restaurant is in keeping with the style that seems to have taken over Paris with passion. I'm talking about that little American eclectic vintage feel made even more famous by the likes of The Cherry Blossom Girl and little miss petite Elenor Bridge formely know as La Mechante ( who seems to have moved to "greener" less used style pastures).

Sésame has a warm welcome with very friendly staff. The deco,  reminded me more of a place one would stumble upon near an American campus and less New York but kudos to the person behind the concept as it brings first time clients in. 
Having first seen the beautifully designed website I was a bit dissapointed as it was not in keeping with my expectations. But I guess I'm being a bit harsh. 
Location wise, it is perfect. Situated on the Canal St Martin with an option to take a deck chair outside its perfect for drinks and nibbles with friends on a lazy summer evening.
Jane and I ordered a Bagel (Rachel : poulet mariné + miel + avocat) which we shared. I personally was not impressed and felt it lacked texture, seasoning and depth. But that's just me and I am a bit of a foody.
We both had the carrot and ginger juice which I must say was Ok, it lacked a tad more ginger and should have been served colder. However it was made in house. 
The lunch tasting ended with a cheese cake. A rather healthy portion that tasted rather good.  Served in a ramekin though made it look less appetizing. 
All in all a cozy eatery with friendly staff and I think I would return in the evening for a cold glass of beer if we are in the area.
Horaires d'ouverture:
Du mardi au vendredi de 9h à minuit
Le samedi de 10h à minuit
Le Dimanche de 10h à 19h
Adresse:
Restaurant Sésame
51, quai de Valmy
Paris 75010 Tel: 01 42 49 03 21
Mail:restaurantsesame@gmail.com


Métro:
Goncourt / République

A big thumbs up to the website deigner, Rien sans Rien. You have done a marvelous job!
     

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire